Late applications to our 6th form are still being considered for a limited number of spaces
Open Evening for entry into Year 7 and our International Sixth Form 2018
Our Open Evening for entry into Year 7 and our International Sixth Form in September 2018 will be held on Thursday 28th September 2017 from 16:30 to 20:30.
The purpose of our Open Evening is to enable prospective students and their families to gain an insight into the school. Staff and students will be available to answer questions. There will be interactive presentations, student performances and displays – all of which will help you make an informed choice about this school.
Headteachers’ speeches during the evening will be in the Main Hall:
- Prospective Year 7 – 17:00 and 18:00
- Prospective Sixth Form – 19:00
Morning Tours for prospective Sixth Form Students:
- The times of the tours will be at 10:00:
- Tuesday 10th October; Tuesday 17th October, Tuesday 14th November 2017
- To book a place on a Sixth Form tour, email email@example.com or call 01277 351914
Applications to our International Sixth Form
We welcome applications for our International Sixth Form from existing Year 11 students, and also those who wish to join us from other schools in both the UK and overseas. Please download and complete the application form on the right hand side of this webpage when applying. Although our deadline for applications has officially passed, we still accept late applications from new students for a limited amount of places reserved for them and would encourage interested applicants to apply. The timeline below explains the Application process in more detail, but should you have any further questions, please contact Mrs Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01277 351914.
- AES Year 11 Parents Evening – Thursday 10th November
- A good opportunity to gauge your teacher’s opinions about your suitability for a given subject
- AES Careers Convention – Thursday 17th November
- Internal Sixth Form application deadline – Friday 18th November
- Delivered to the Sixth Form office or via Form Tutors for existing AES students
- AES Year 11 Course Counselling – students are interviewed by experienced Counsellors in school to discuss their options based upon reports and GCSE Mock results
- New Applicants Interviews – interviews usually take place between December and January to discuss possible course options and the unique nature of our school
- Timetable constructed – the timetable is constructed from the provisional choices of our students working on a ‘best fit’ model which aims to ensure that as many students as possible get their first choice of course combinations. Where this isn’t possible extra course counseling takes place from March onwards to discuss alternative options
- Lower Sixth Induction Day – Monday 26th June 2017– the chance to meet your new peers and Form Tutors, along with guidance regarding the skills needed to be a successful Sixth Form student