The Elite Performer Programme is for students who are participating in sport or arts to an exceptionally high standard. This often results in those students committing to training sessions, matches, events, competitions, rehearsals and/or performances which can sometimes require permission to leave school early or be granted leave of absence.
The Elite Performer Programme helps to maintain records of each students’ commitments and achievements, whilst also providing them with a mentor (a teacher) from school. Mentors and performers have regular meetings to discuss progress with school work, progress with their sports or arts commitments outside of school, attendance, punctuality and behaviour. Mentors will also help with leave of absence requests and extensions for homework and coursework if required, as well as liaising with the elite performer’s coaches and parents/carers.
Our current and past Elite performers have included:
- A student who currently plays for Arsenal Ladies team, the England Ladies team and is currently a reserve for Team GB for the Olympics in Tokyo
- A student who has won the 100m hurdles at the U20 England Championships and competed at the British Championships, which is effectively the trials for Team GB
- A student who is currently a second year scholar at Millwall FC
- A student who is playing for Tottenham Hotspur FC. He is also a reserve for the England U15s squad
- A jockey who has raced at Newmarket, Lingfield and Garthorpe this year
- Various students who have performed in West End shows
If you would like more information on our Elite Performer Programme, please email Mr Crossley on [email protected].