We follow the Edexcel (Pearson) GCSE Mathematics syllabus 1MA1.
Set 1A, 1B, 1C and 2A use CGP GCSE Mathematics Higher level. ISBN: 978-1-78294-958-9
Set 2B, 3A, 3B and set 4 use CGP Mathematics for GCSE foundation level. ISBN: 978-1-78294-438-6
Set 3 uses Collins New GCSE Maths Edexcel Linear Foundation 1 ISBN: 978-0-00-734018-7 and Foundation 2 ISBN: 978-0-00-734022-4
Set 4 uses a variety of books. More details can be obtained from the class teacher.
Areas of Study
● The topic areas covered by in the GCSE course are:
3. Ratio, proportion and rates of change
4. Geometry and measures
● Two tiers are available: Foundation and Higher.
● The qualification consists of three equally-weighted written examination papers at either Foundation tier or Higher tier.
● Paper 1 is a non-calculator assessment and a calculator is allowed for Paper 2 and Paper 3.
● Each paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
● Each paper has 80 marks.
● The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across all three papers where 9 is the highest grade.
● Foundation tier: grades 1 to 5.
● Higher tier: grades 4 to 9
More information can be found in the Parent and Student Guide on the Pearson website using the link below:
Pupils are assessed regularly through class tests. These are usually at the end of a topic and approximately once every half term.
In addition, there will be an end of year exam in Y10 and a series of mock exams in December of Y11.