Today is the first day of a very new way of operating for us as a school and we recognise it may well be the first day of you operating differently as a family. We hope our well-being guidance proves helpful – it contains advice on where to find accurate information on COVID-19, helpful sources of information on maintaining good mental health and some ideas about enjoying time at home with family, to balance the “studying from home” guidance! https://www.aesessex.co.uk/emergency-closure-work/
We appreciate that parents have only used the on-site facility where absolutely necessary today, for which we are grateful. We also appreciate that numbers may vary from day to day but it is VITAL that two things happen before your daughter/son attends our on-site school;
1. We MUST be notified the day before if they are to attend.
2. You MUST complete the Registration Form (see attached).
This facility is ONLY for the children of key workers and we will NOT accept children who do not have at least one key worker parent. If in doubt, the matter will be referred to the Local Authority. We must all respect government advice and reduce, to an absolute minimum, the number of people leaving their homes.
You will see from the attached protocol that very strict standards of hygiene and behaviour will be imposed in order to protect our staff and students attending. They will be supervised but they will not be taught a formal programme of study. They will use ShowMyHomework, alongside other students at home.
Other important points;
1. With regret, the Year 7 Ebblinghem visit has been cancelled, in-line with government advice. All parents of Year 7 children will receive an intouch about this. A part-refund will be available. Further details to follow.
2. International Baccalaureate examinations have been cancelled. Our IB Curriculum Manager, Mrs Porsz, has emailed all examinees, including those doing single subjects as part of the AIB Route.
3. The theatre visit to see “Matilda” has been cancelled and all monies paid will be refunded via a BACS payment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the bank account, bank account number and sort code that you would like the monies to be refunded to.
4. We cannot manage the issue of lockers at present. No access to the school site is allowed, other than for approved staff and students (see above). It is therefore not possible to empty lockers and return keys. Refunds will be dealt with as soon as the school reconvenes.
5. Communication in these difficult times is key. We will send you important information via our intouch email system. In addition we will use our social media platforms to share any information that may be of interest to you and your children. Please follow our Facebook and Twitter pages and share and retweet as much as possible.
6. We would recommend that you speak to Greater Anglia to ask for a refund for part of the season ticket not used due to school closure.