One way parents contribute to their child's success is by supporting their daughter/son at their parents' evening when they can hear about progress being made in all subject areas. We were delighted, therefore, with the recent 95% turn out for our Year 11 parents' evening. We all know the importance of supporting our current Year 11 in achieving their potential at the end of the current academic year. Last week, many of our Year 11 students and their parents attended our International Sixth form Open Evening. One of the points that were made was the need for young people to be able to equip themselves to enter the global market. At a time when language learning is not compulsory at Key Stage 4, our students already stand out by their successes in this area. The offer of 7 languages is a unique feature of the school.
In the summer of 2012:-
• 81% of students achieved A*-C in one language
• 63% achieved this in two languages
• 43% of students gained an A* or A grade in a language
• 100% of students studying Japanese, Russian and Chinese gained A*-C.
• 72% of students achieved A*-C in French with the same percentage in German.
• 86% of students achieved A*-C in Spanish
• 95% of students achieved A*-C in Italian.
Thank you to all those who attended Year 11 Parents' evening and our Sixth Form Information Evening in support of their daughter/son in such an important year.
Jill Martin and David Barrs